I am a strategist, applied economist and data scientist.
This site is for things related to computer programming and data science. I don't talk about issues related to work in this blog. I do that on my linkedin page. Thanks!
I started learning about the CSS box model, the CSS display property, and CSS static and relative positioning. This was a lot of information to absorb( ingest) in one sitting. While the topic was interesting and is important to master, I decided to just learn by doing. So I downloaded 2 new photos to display at the top of my website. CSS Images and Relative Positioning Here is the code that I used: .logo { height : 400px ; position : relative ; left : 100px ; } .team { height : 400px ; position : relative ; left : 150px ; top : 10px ; } And here is the result: Here is the new page: Note: The trophy photo's width is 100% of the browser screen so this is why it is being pulled across the whole screen. This is my opinion.
I recently started Duke University's Rust Fundamentals course on Coursera. The course lasts 4 weeks and covers several topics. It is taught by Noah Gift who has several classes on the Coursera that I am interested in taking over the next year. The classes that I am particularly interested in are those related to Python, Rust, and Linux . Yesterday, I encountered problems installing Rust on Linux (Ubuntu). The problems were related to the following code: curl --proto '=https' --tlsv1.2 -sSf https://sh.rustup.rs | sh As I needed to install curl, I ran the following command: sudo snap install curl This led to several errors. After much searching on the internet, I discovered that I needed to stall curl without using snap. Instead, I installed curl using: sudo apt install curl. After this, I was successfully able to install Rust.
This is an updated version of my maze game using Python's turtle library. I started out trying to use a wizard as the main character but I couldn't find any images that I liked. I then decided to use a Harry Potter image. The other images in this picture are for the treasure chest and wall. I found these images on the internet. There are(were) several problems. The images where .PNG. This means that I have to convert them to .GIF to use with Turtle. It means that when I convert the images from png to gif I lose the transparency which is why the white background shows up. I will need to change this later. Also, the images need to be reduced from their normal sizes to 23 x 23 pixels. I will continue to work on the game, but this is the version for now. In later versions, I will put in random enemies maybe a key and try to put in the golden snitch. I will also try to make the game dimensions larger.
Comments
Post a Comment