I started learning about the CSS box model, the CSS display property, and CSS static and relative positioning. This was a lot of information to absorb( ingest) in one sitting. While the topic was interesting and is important to master, I decided to just learn by doing. So I downloaded 2 new photos to display at the top of my website. CSS Images and Relative Positioning Here is the code that I used: .logo { height : 400px ; position : relative ; left : 100px ; } .team { height : 400px ; position : relative ; left : 150px ; top : 10px ; } And here is the result: Here is the new page: Note: The trophy photo's width is 100% of the browser screen so this is why it is being pulled across the whole screen. This is my opinion.
I recently started Duke University's Rust Fundamentals course on Coursera. The course lasts 4 weeks and covers several topics. It is taught by Noah Gift who has several classes on the Coursera that I am interested in taking over the next year. The classes that I am particularly interested in are those related to Python, Rust, and Linux . Yesterday, I encountered problems installing Rust on Linux (Ubuntu). The problems were related to the following code: curl --proto '=https' --tlsv1.2 -sSf https://sh.rustup.rs | sh As I needed to install curl, I ran the following command: sudo snap install curl This led to several errors. After much searching on the internet, I discovered that I needed to stall curl without using snap. Instead, I installed curl using: sudo apt install curl. After this, I was successfully able to install Rust.
Here is a video of my final version of Stop Watch the Game. It was built using SimpleGui in Python 2. There is no sound in the video. One again, the goal of the game is to stop the Stop Watch on the whole second. This is for example 2.0 or 12.0 or 1:15.0. The player gets a point for successfully stopping the Stop Watch. The score (in Red) can be found on the upper right hand corner of the "canvas" box. The format is "hits" / "attempts". Enjoy!!
Comments
Post a Comment